This weeks recipe is Keto Maple Pecan Bonbon’s! These are very easy to prepare and the finished product is delicious. Let the debate begin about whether is a Bon Bon or a Truffle!? All I know is that these little treats are delicious and very easy to make. We hope you enjoy it!
This week we are bringing to the keto kitchen bonbons. So what exactly is a bonbon… A bonbon is a sweet or small confection, sometimes coated in chocolate but not always. In France, bonbons are usually made with a center of fruit or brittle, nougat, or caramel… In the western world bonbons are also small candies, but vary by region in their ingredients, flavors, and shapes.
So of course, my love for all things pecan drove me to create something using that very thing. But I also wanted something warm and familiar like the taste of maple. These bonbons are very reminiscent of buttercream, but of course using ketogeniclly friendly ingredients like cream cheese and butter. Then each candy is rolled into chopped fresh pecans. How bad can that be?
Before you even bite into these delicious nuggets you can smell the maple… In the mouth, it too, packs a wallop of maple and sweet flavors. Then the delicious pecan and butter cream provides a clean nutty taste.
These are easy to prepare, and only have 5 ingredients. As far as candy making goes, this is a surprisingly easy recipe to follow. These little balls of joy are perfect for any occasion… And of course would be very fun for gift giving during Valentine’s Day or any of the other holiday seasons.
Although some bonbons are filled with gooey sweet chocolate, these equally delicious maple pecan bon bons are filled with nutritious ingredients that give you fuel rather than just a sugar rush. These delightful nuggets, can also help you reach your fat macros for the day!
A few thoughts on preparation:
- Room temperature cream cheese and butter are essential for this recipe. I generally let mine sit out overnight.
- I highly recommend our butter roasted pecan recipe for these… As I feel that roasting nuts helps to release their freshness and crunch.
- Absolutely adjust sweetener to your personal preferences! We all have differing palettes and sweetness tolerances.
- Be sure to use parchment paper or silicone mats for easy removal of your candy
- A cookie scoop was very handy here. Although, mine broke right before filming, and I still achieved a ball like production using my spoon and hands.
- Because these bonbons utilize fats, they must be refrigerated or frozen when not consuming.
FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST by C.J.
Well I must admit that I was surprised how well these turned out. In my mind the debate rages about whether these are truly a bon bon or a truffle (call CNN). At any rate these little treats were delicious, however they must be refrigerated. In the photos we tried to style this dish and used a bit of sugar-free maple syrup just for affect, we found out while trying to do this that because of the nature of the ingredient refrigerating them is a must, I might even suggest freezing them and taking a few out when you want a treat. This recipe was pretty straight forward, Sarah coated them with her famous and beloved Butter Roasted Pecans and that was a nice touch. Maple and pecans does seem to be a great pairing. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget you can share photos or your creations over in the Facebook Group or on Pinterest.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Maple Pecan Bon Bon's
- using a hand mixer, cream the softened butter and cream cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the maple flavoring and sweetener to taste. Fold in half of the pecans using a rubber spatula. Stir well to combine. Chill in the fridge or freezer 15 to 20 in preparation for scooping.
- Scoop candy mixture into 1 1/2 TB balls....roll in remaining chopped pecans to coat outside evenly. Return to the fridge to harden before serving. Keep refrigerated or frozen. Makes 20 bonbons.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
BE SURE TO VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.