As with everything else in these difficult times, the pandemic has had a major effect on sports, and The Super Bowl will be no exception. But even if you can’t host the kind of familiar indoor watch party you might have in other years, you can still celebrate with a few choice Super Bowl appetizers. And that’s a win no matter what.
Half the fun of game day is enjoying the food, am I right? Well I’ve got you covered with two easy ketogenic hits for your stay-at-home party. These mouth-watering super bowl appetizers are sure to fill you up and power you through the big game!
Snacks using your air fryer:
As you might know, lately I have had a great love affair with my air fryer. I have been searching for an alternative to chicken wings for the big game… I wanted something easy that didn’t require slaving over a big pot of oil. I think I have found that in these bacon wrapped chicken tenders.
Whether you opt to use your air fryer or the oven… You are definitely going to save on clean up by not having to dredge or batter your chicken. The idea hair is getting the bacon crispy and that’s definitely what I’m going for!
I also decided to season my chicken really well with ranch seasoning before wrapping with bacon to make sure that they would be extra savory and delicious. You can use whatever seasoning you would like.
My second easy go to for the big game is keto pizza roll ups… And with only 3 ingredients what could be easier? You may already have these ingredients on hand!
Who doesn’t love pizza! It’s a winning game day combination.
My Touchdown Snack Tips:
- I used mozzarella cheese because it reminds me the most of pizza but use whatever you have on hand. If you use a hard cheese(like parmesan), it will be crispy and not soft enough to roll.
- Adding a bit of Italian seasoning really helps bring out the pizza flavor.
- Definitely use a silicone mat or parchment paper if you want to be able to remove these from your baking sheet.
- Dipping in low-carb pizza sauce is a game winning tip
- Be sure to season your chicken before you wrap it in bacon for extra flavorful appetizers.
- Dipping in ranch or sugar free barbecue sauce would be the perfect accompaniment.
I am best friends with my air fryer, but if you do not have one here are the oven directions:
400° for 18 to 22 minutes(foil lined tray) flipping halfway through if desired
You may need to secure with a toothpick.
CJ’s FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
These were really even the next day! They were really easy to make, and hopefully Sarah will make some for the Super Bowl. They reheated well (both dishes), and the choice of the dipping sauce is totally up to you. We’d love to see your creations, feel free to post on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook (@cjsketokitchen, #cjsketokitchen)
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Pizza Roll-Ups
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Lay your cheese slices on the mat or parchment paper and place in the oven for 6 minutes or until the cheese slices start to slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cheese to slightly cool. Allow the slices to cool and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and add pepperoni if you would like.
- Roll and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Keto Bacon wrapped Chicken Tenders
- air fryer
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine spice ingredients.
- Season chicken tenders on both sides with spice mix.
- Wrap each chicken tender with one slice of bacon, tucking the ends to secure.
- Air Fryer Method
- Air fry bacon wrapped chicken tenders at 400F for 10 minutes. Flip/toss the pieces, and return to air fryer for another 6 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through
- Preheat oven to 400° on a baking tray lined with foil arrange your chicken on the top rack and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.