Well it is starting to be that time of year again… The air is chilly, the leaves are falling, and school is back in session. That means there’s pumpkin spice everywhere… I’ve never been much of a pumpkin spice latte kind of gal… But I do love pumpkin spice flavored things.
Oh, and am I the only one who loves single serve desserts? Sometimes when the craving for something sweet hits I’m just not in the mood to bake a whole pan of something….plus that takes quite a while… so this 90 second Pumpkin Mug Cake is perfect
In case you don’t know, a mug cake is exactly what it sounds like. A quick single-serving cake that’s usually whipped up in your mug and cooked quickly in it too. It usually takes about a minute to two minutes to make, and the result is a fully cooked, delicious and moist mini cake.
My favorite part about this pumpkin mug cake is that it’s moist yet fluffy, filled with flavor and spice, and has such a delicious pumpkin hit!
Needless to say – mug cakes are incredibly convenient and so tasty! And this recipe actually makes two.
Sometimes the cake is mixed right inside the mug it’s going to be “baked” in, making it a super easy and quick clean-up! I used a separate container, but do whatever you wish.
When it’s microwaved the cake batter will rise up, nearly wanting to topple over, but once it’s pulled out of the microwave it settles back down into the cup.
For a dessert that’s ready in just 3 minutes, you really can’t beat this one.
A Few Tips And Tricks:
- Use a wide short-ish mug or ramekin. If you have a variety to choose from, using this type of mug means the cake rises higher in a concentrated space. I’ve found this helps with cooking.
- Be sure to stir it all together well….Don’t go whisking it for minutes on end, but ensure your entire mug cake is mixed. Since it’s such a small container it can be easy to miss the bottom. Just ensure you incorporate everything. Sometimes I scoop from the bottom up a few times to ensure this. Using a spatula helps.
- Use really fresh pumpkin and spices. It makes a big difference
- Adjust your time based on your microwave. The times I’ve provided should work but yours may need an extra 10 seconds. It’ll cook edges to center so just check the center that it’s mostly cooked…
• BUT…DON’T OVERCOOK IT! This will make your mug cake gummy and rubbery and dry. Remember that the mug cake will keep cooking while it’s cooling so it’s better to slightly under bake it.
• Let it rest for several minutes before frosting it.
Speaking of frosting… if you want to skip the maple nutmeg frosting… Some lovely spiced whipped cream would also be delightful here.
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
These mug cakes were great! I think Sarah actually made 3 test batches…life is hard for the taste test 🙂 No seriously, there is more to this than meets the eye. Sarah makes things look easy, but all too often there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scene. I appreciate my wife, she’s a trooper and a “go getter!” Enjoy the recipe, feel free to share on all of your social media platforms.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Keto 90 second pumpkin spice mug cake
Pumpkin mug cake
maple nutmeg frosting
- 2 TB cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp splenda liquid
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg fresh; optional
- Combine wet ingredients well. Scraping bottom to get all ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, whisking well to combine until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fill the batter into two mugs or ramekins.
- microwave 90 seconds, or until just set.(1100 watts)
- Combine frosting ingredients except nutmeg. Grate or sprinkle fresh nutmeg over cake.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.