Keto Rum Balls
Here is recipe #2 of our Christmas themed Keto and Low Carb recipes, this week we present “Keto Rum Balls.” These can be made using real rum or rum extract based on your personal preference. Rum balls are a really traditional Christmas treat in many Countries, and there are a lot of variations. This recipe is from the folks over at HealthfulPrusuit.com, if you don’t know Leanne Vogel your missing out, on a great keto resource, check out her book The Keto Diet. These rum balls are super easy to make and great for holiday gatherings. Keep in mind that these aren’t for the kids if you use real rum, but using rum extract makes it doable for everyone.
Rum balls are a truffle-like confectionery cake of cookie butter flavoured with chocolate and rum. They are roughly the size of a golf ball and often coated in chocolate sprinkles, desiccated coconut, or cocoa. As their name implies, these cookies contain rum. Because they are not baked, the alcohol flavour and kick are not lost during preparation. This cookie is especially popular during the holiday season.
Rum balls are a popular Christmas treat in England, Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, the United States, Austria, Slovenia, Hungary and the Czech Republic. In Denmark they are enjoyed year round and known as either romkugle, trøffel or sputnik, depending on the region.
The world’s largest rum ball was created in Mejdal, Denmark on 11 June 2017, weighing 31 kg (68 lb).
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Christmas Rum Balls
- Line a backing sheet or plate with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Set this aside for later use.
- Place shredded coconut on a plate or a small bowl. Set this aside for later use.
- Add other ingredients to the bowl of a food processors.
- Pulse until mixture comes together, mix well together. It will look like a thick paste.
- Pinch 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into even sized balls. Drop your rum balls into your coconut and roll and coat well.
- Place the completed ball on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Transfer rum balls to your baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze for one hour.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.