Keto Taco Soup
Next time a taco craving hits, no need to grab the tacos. This taco soup recipe is one of the quickest, easiest Tex-Mex inspired meals. Ready in just a few minutes, this is a weeknight, family dinner winner!
Okay so maybe this list of ingredients kind of looks like it’s daunting, but a lot of it is pantry staples like spices and canned ingredients.
Once you get making it you’ll see it really isn’t complicated. It’s such an easy soup and loved by my family.
I mean how could you go wrong with a soup that tastes similar to chili but has added mix-in upgrades like sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips?
Plus you get the extra flavor of a ranch mix and taco seasoning…It really is one of the best soups, plus it’s easy to make.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• Ground beef – use fatty ground beef for best results. I go for 85% or 75%Angus.
• Yellow onion and garlic – red onion can be substituted.
• Canned diced tomatoes with green chilies – alternately you can just use 2 cans of tomatoes and add 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies if that’s what you have on hand.
• beef broth – chicken broth will work fine too.
• Tomato sauce – in a pinch you can make your own by mixing 1/3 cup tomato paste with 2/3 cup water (tomato sauce does have added seasonings like garlic powder and onion powder but we already add those flavors here).
• Chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper – these spices add that classic taco flavor. If you’d like you can use our homemade version, it’s recipe is in the video below…
• Dry ranch dressing mix – so this ingredient I actually don’t normally use anymore, but I created a carb safe version for it. If you’d like to use it, I will have it listed below…
• Canned black soybeans– high in fiber, and low in carbs, they are a great alternative to black beans.
• Toppings – this taco soup is just like a taco, load it up how you like. I always serve it with lot of crumbled low-carb tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream – then an avocado too if I’ve got one!
Can I Make it in the Crock Pot?
Yes! To make it in the Crock Pot just brown the onions and beef, and then garlic, drain fat and add mixture to the slow cooker. Then add tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce and spices. Cover and cook on low heat 5 – 6 hours. Stir in beans and heat through (then add cilantro and lime if using).
Can I Freeze This Soup?
Yes, taco soup freezes incredibly well. I recommend freezing this soup in jars or individual containers so it’s easy to thaw out exactly how much you need.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning:
2 TB Dried Parsley
2 TB Dried Dill
1 TB Onion Powder
1 TB Garlic Powder
2 TB Dried Tarragon
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
Homemade Taco Seasoning – No Fillers | Keto and Low Carb Safe
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Taco Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef cooked
- 1/3 onion chopped
- 2 cans rotel
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 14 oz beef broth
- 2 TB taco seasoning
- 2 TB ranch seasoning
- 1 can black soybeans optional(drained; rinsed)
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, brown ground beef.
- Add chopped onion. Cook briefly. Add powdered seasonings.
- Add all remaining ingredients except beans. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add beans. Bring to temperature. Serve immediately. Garnish with taco topping if desired.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.
Leave a Reply