Cheeseburger pie one of those great old-fashioned dinners that the entire family will love! It comes together quickly, so it’s perfect for busy evenings when you need a meal on the table with just a handful of refrigerated staples.
Think of this dish as a cross between a casserole and a quiche. The egg mix gives the filling a biscuit-like texture, but it stays nice and moist from the cheese and cream. With classic cheeseburger ingredients like ground beef, onion, and ketchup, it’s a simple, hearty, and flavorful meal that the whole family will enjoy — even your pickiest kids. Mine devoured it!
Ingredients for cheeseburger Pie:
This is a quick overview of the simple ingredients that you’ll need for a cheeseburger pie. As always, specific measurements and complete cooking instructions are included in the printable recipe box at the bottom of the post.
• Ground beef: I use 85% lean, but any variety will work. You can also substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken.
• Onion: adds moisture and flavor to the casserole. This can be removed if you’re practicing carnivore.
• Salt & pepper: to enhance the other flavors in the dish.
• Worcestershire sauce: for a salty, umami flavor.
• Ketchup: a classic cheeseburger ingredient that adds just a hint of sweetness.
• Cheddar cheese: you can substitute with another type of good melting cheese, such as Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, Colby, Swiss or American.
• Heavy cream: to thin the batter.
• Eggs: give the filling structure
Make Ahead cheeseburger Pie
There are a couple of ways that you can prepare this dish in advance for even quicker weeknight meals:
1. Prepare the ground beef mixture up to 48 hours in advance. It can sit in the pie plate, covered, in your refrigerator — just waiting for the batter and the oven. Right before baking, whisk together the batter, pour it over top, and pop the dish in the oven. If the dish is cold when it goes into the oven, you may need to increase the total baking time by a few minutes.
2. Bake the entire casserole, let it cool to room temperature, and then wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat (covered) in a 325°F oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until warmed through. If the pie is in a freezer-to-oven-safe dish, you can reheat it directly from frozen. You’ll just need to leave it in the oven for almost twice as long.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Keto Cheeseburger Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Cook your meats. Reserve bacon drippings for sautéing onions.
- Brown onions in bacon drippings. Add cooked bacon to cooked ground beef and onions.
- Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Place mixture in pie dish.
- Stir in cheese. Set aside.
- In a blender, or bowl, blend or whisk eggs, cream, and seasonings.
- Pour over meat mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Garnish with preferred burger toppings.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.