Keto Hot Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Here is recipe #3 of our Christmas themed Keto and Low Carb recipes, this week we present “Keto Hot Ham and Cheese Pin Wheels.” This is a ketofied version of a classic high carb dish that would normally be made with crescent rolls. This recipe can also be used as a party food for your upcoming News Eve gatherings or as a way to use your left over ham or even beef roast.
The recipe starts with a standard Fat Dough recipe for your outer crust. We used two types of keto/low carb friendly flour Coconut and Almond, but if you don’t have Coconut flour on hand all almond flour would work just fine.
For our recipe, we purchased some ham because of course we haven’t had our Christmas ham. When purchasing ham, what our for hidden sugars so stay away from glazed ham, or honey ham. The fat head dough that we used is very versatile and we use this for our Fat Head Pizza recipe as well.
This dish brings back memories of something my Mom use to make, but of course it was a high carb version. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Hot Ham and Cheese Pin Wheels
- 1 Tbsp Melted butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Combine cream cheese and butter...microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Remove from Microwave and stir ingredients together to begin forming your dough.
- Time to Add in your Dry Ingredients
- Add 3 Tbsp of coconut flour, and 1/4 cup of blanched Almond Flour. Mix in your ingredients well.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds. *use 30 second intervals until everything is soft.
- Add your egg and stir into your dough
- After mixing in your egg, carefully pour your dough onto your silicone mat or parchment paper. *Be Careful the dough will be hot!
- Begin kneading your dough to incorporate the egg and all ingredients together.
- Begin spreading your dough into a rectangle shape on your silicone mat. Use your clean hands or a silicone rolling pin.
Preparing your Pinwheel Roll
- Spread a generous amount of your choice of mustard on to your dough.
- Add Cheddar cheese (spread this out evenly over your dough)
- Lay down your slices of ham over the entire surface of your fathead dough.
- Beginning with the long edge farthest from you, start slowly rolling your dough towards you to form a cylinder. *Try and roll it tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, slice your roll into pinwheel slices.
- Place each roll on it’s edge in a greased 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Place the pinwheels close together. This helps them keep there shape while baking.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the pinwheels.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes....after 20 minutes check them.
- After 20 minutes check your pinwheels and then brush the tops with melted butter mixed with garlic powder (Optional Step).
- Bake for another 10 minutes. We broiled our pinwheels for the last 3 -5 minutes to make the tops crispy.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- We found that these refrigerate very well. They are also pretty compact so they would be great for lunches. Our kids also seemed to like them.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
Check out the Keto Academy! If you want results on Keto this is some of the best information available.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.