All of the delicious flavors of cream, mushroom, and bacon are packed into this delicious chicken dinner recipe.
This is one of those special dinner recipes that comes together so quickly, and yet somehow still tastes like a restaurant quality meal.
This dish is a one-pan wonder. Chicken thighs are browned and simmered in a rich sauce of rich creamy mushrooms, garlic and bacon. Did I mention the bacon? Who does want bacon, am I right?
You are going to love this recipe because it tastes rich and deluxe — but is still easy enough to make on a weeknight. This creamy mushroom chicken recipe is your next favorite keto chicken recipe.
This simple recipe starts with skinless boneless chicken thighs. Could you use skin-on or bone-in chicken thighs? Sure!
For me though, I love how quickly the boneless pieces cook — and I’m all about saving time in the kitchen. Please don’t sacrifice flavor, by using breast meat!
Let’s talk ingredients:
• Chicken thighs, I used 7(for our family of 5)
• Fresh garlic. I buy the frozen dorot gardens brand. So easy, when you melt them they turn into a paste.
• Bacon. The real star, adds flavor and smokiness to it.
• Mushrooms. I like simple white buttons in the recipe, but any mushroom are still wonderful.
• Heavy cream and fresh Parmesan. Bring on the creaminess.
• Salt, pepper, and herbal seasoning to garnish.
• Fresh thyme. My favorite herb with poultry.
Using the same skillet, cook the bacon until it just begins to crisp. Go ahead and scrape up all those brown bits — which will give the sauce such good flavor! And cook your chicken in it…..that’s the beauty of one pan cooking.
CJ’S TEST FOLLOW UP:
Our whole family licked their bowls clean with this one. Wish we had made extra. Keto really can be easy and economical…In fact our youngest daughter requested this just days later again for dinner!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Mushroom Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce
- 7 chicken thighs boneless; skinless
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked, crumbled(save drippings)
- 4 cloves garlic fresh, minced
- 1/3 small onion
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan fresh
- 2 TB butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning 21 seasoning salute
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 TB kinder's buttery steakhouse optional
- 1 TB thyme fresh
- Cook bacon in a large skillet. Save rendered drippings.
- Cook thighs in a single layer until mostly cooked. About 8 to 10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add 2 TB butter. Sauté mushrooms, onions herbs, seasoning and garlic. Continue sauteing until mushrooms are tender.
- Add stock. Reduce heat. Add cream....stir in reserved cooked bacon and cheese.
- Return chicken to sauce. Bring to heated temperature allowing chicken to heat through and finish cooking.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or mash. Pasta for carb eaters.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.