WHAT IS CRACK CHICKEN?
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy combination of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This family-friendly, make-ahead meal is a great weeknight dinner, but also perfect for a weekend crowd.
WHAT in the heck is “Crack” Chicken, you ask? Well, according to the internet, this recipe got its name because ranch chicken is addictive… just like crack. Basically what happened in this meal is that everything good found its way in one dish and everyone approved.
Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, also referred to as Ranch Chicken with Bacon, is a delicious and creamy dish loaded with cheese and bacon. Hard to believe that Crack Chicken is also Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
Crack Chicken has everything that is good and addicting in it! Filled with bacon, cheese, cream cheese, and ranch dressing mix.
Who doesn’t love a recipe with cream cheese in it.
PRE-FILMING EASY PEASY
I do love filming in on location areas when we vacation. We have done that for several of our recipes. This week we are traveling south to visit CJ’s family in Georgia. However do to time constraints, and upcoming summer math camp schedules, I needed to pre-film this recipe instead. That means I really needed something super easy that everyone would enjoy. The girls really liked this and ate it with rice as a side dish. That’s the other advantage of this meal, is that a carb side dish is easily incorporated for those who want it!
SUPER SIMPLE STEPS:
- We start with frying our bacon until crispy. I love bacon crumbles, but use what you have!
- Remove cooked bacon from skillet. Keep bacon grease in the skillet and add the chicken breasts(I like to pound mine thin to speed cooking time) to cook just until browned on both sides; about 2 to 3 minutes per side. We are going to keep baking these…When done, transfer chicken breasts to a baking dish.
- Prepare the cream cheese by adding a tablespoon of ranch seasoning to it. I make my own ranch seasoning sometimes, but you can also use store-bought. Mix it up well and then spread a couple tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with cooked bacon and cheese; bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve
See! I told you it was easy!
As a bonus, this recipe calls for cooking at the high heat of 425 degrees for about 15 to 18 minutes, and that alone seals and locks the juices in it. A crust forms on the outside while keeping the meat tender with the juices locked inside.
how to store it?
- Refrigerate: You can keep this in the fridge for 3 to 4 days, covered in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Keep it in a freeze-proof container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- Make-ahead: You can assemble everything first then, refrigerate. After a day or two, bake it.
- Reheat: Simply reheat in the microwave or on a skillet. You can also bake it again in the oven.
- You can combine different types of cheeses like mozzarella and parmesan.
- Before freezing it(see above)you might want to shred or dice the pieces first so you will not have a huge piece of meat to thaw for reheating.
- If you prefer a different type of meat, feel free to substitute it. Turkey breast would be a great alternative.
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Keto Crack Chicken(Ranch Chicken)
- 3 chicken breasts halved, pounded or tenderized, seared
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions chopped(garnish)
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with avocado oil spray.
- Halve and sear chicken. tenderize or pound to 1/4 inch thickness
- Cook bacon and crumble.
- Blend softened cream cheese, shredded cheese and ranch seasoning together.
- Spread on chicken. Top with bacon bits and remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Broil top if desired. Let cool garnish with chopped green onions.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.