Welcome Christmas, the New Year, or any festive day with a delicious, special brunch. You’ll find many of your morning favorites here, like bacon and cheese!
While preparing for our holiday cookbook this year, I realized we need more breakfast recipes! So I’m making my resolution this year to change that.
Take it easy on yourself by making this breakfast casserole the night before, then bake it in the morning while you get ready!
A true crowd pleaser, this breakfast bake is perfect for holiday breakfasts or when you have guests!
Customization options for this casserole:
- Add sautéed mushrooms(I left them out, but they’re delicious!)
- Play with the herbs and add your favorites
- Use chorizo instead of sausage and sprinkle with cilantro to add some Mexican flair
- Switch up the cheeses, or use all cheddar, co-jack, or any cheese you enjoy.
I love using both the sausage and the bacon here, as we’re huge breakfast meats fans around here, but feel free to use one or the other if you’d rather not use both.
We hope you guys give this overnight breakfast casserole a try… it’s perfect for not only holiday breakfasts, but for weekend breakfasts as well!
Make Ahead Directions:
Prepare recipe up until baking. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours to bake later.
To Freeze This Casserole:
You can freeze this casserole unbaked for up to 2 months. Cover tightly and Thaw overnight before baking.
CJ’s FOLLOW UP TASTE TEST:
This casserole was great! It was very flavorful and not at all what I expected. The eggs weren’t very prevalent and over time the bell peppers mellowed out as well so the flavor got even better. Enjoy!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Keto Holiday Brunch Casserole
- 12 oz sausage cooked ;crumbled
- 6 slices bacon cooked; crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic fresh
- 3 cups spinach fresh
- 1 pepper sliced(I used 1/2 red; 1/2 green)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 12 eggs
- 8 oz cheese shredded
- 2 tsp 21 seasoning salute or herb blend of choice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with avocado oil spray. If baking immediately preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown sausage and bacon. Reserve drippings. Place in casserole dish.
- Sauté garlic and veggies until tender and slightly wilted.
- Season. Remove from heat. Add to meats.
- In a blender, combine eggs, cream. Blend until frothy.
- Add half egg mixture. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool 15 mintes.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.