Fried cabbage cooks in no time! An incredible low-carb and keto approved side dish or main meal.
Perfect for meal planning and winter comfort food. It’s an easy throw together recipe. Enjoy on it’s own or as a side dish.
Cabbage is an oft neglected veggie. It’s rather unglamorous. But so nutrient dense and low in carbs and calories.
One terrific way to make cabbage “fancy” is to cook it in rendered bacon drippings.
One of the best things about this dish is the affordability!! It cost only $8.00 to feed our family of 5.
It also reheats well, and the flavor alone will become your new favorite.
We added kielbasa to ours. You can add meat, or use as a side dish
- Bacon grease is really essential here. Makes a huge difference. If you aren’t collecting bacon drippings, you should be. Your mom’s and Grandma’s did. It’s life changing, and I’ve made believers out of my own children.
- Put your onion in first. I find true caramelization happens this way best.
- Don’t cover your cabbage. It will steam, not fry. This is a bone of much contention(not really, LOL) between CJ sand I….but I’m a firm believer.
CJ”S TASTE TEST FOLLOW UP:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Keto Fried Cabbage
- Core and slice one head of cabbage.
- Slice onion. Add Bacon dripping to a large skillet. Add sliced onion. Allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add sliced cabbage. Pan will seem over full. Allow cabbage to brown. Stir occasionally until fully cooked through and softened. Serve warm. Add meat if desired.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.