Keto Chicken Fried Steak with Sausage Gravy
This week we bring you a ketofied low carb version of Chicken Fried Steak with Sausage Gravy. This is absolutely delicious. As we prepared this dish we realized just how tasty and rich it was especially combined with the Sausage Gravy, depending on your serving size this could be used as a “OMAD – One Meal A Day Option.” We also realized the importance of getting quality ingredients for example, all pork rinds are not created equal, some are full of fillers, sugar and MSG stay away from those. You also need to watch for hidden carbs in sausage, and even in heavy cream unfortunately it’s just something you have to always be watchful for while practicing the keto lifestyle. This is really two recipes in one. Want more Keto breakfast ideas checkout the following:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto recipes that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends!
For a detailed cooking demonstration check out the video over on YouTube, and if you like these types of recipes consider subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Here is a companion blog post to get the best results from our Keto Quick Start Guide
Keto Country Sausage Gravy
Country Sausage Gravy
- 1 lb Pork Sausage looks for the lowest carb that you can
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Xanthum Gum
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes Optional
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and until full cooked. Break into small chunks if needed using a spoon or spatula.
- Cook but do not drain off all of the excess fat. You will need some for your Chicken Fried steak.Add 1 cup of chicken brothOver medium low head, sprinkle xanthum gum evenly over your sausage and stir in, mixing well.
- Bring this mixture to a simmer, stir frequently. The mixture will thicken to begin forming our gravy.Stir in heavy cream, and let simmer, continuing to stir frequently. Turn heat to low until the gravy has thickened to the desired consistency.Add salt and pepper, and other seasonings to taste.Remove from head and serve.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- Heat a large skillet with Avocado oil, or another high temp keto friendly cooking oil (avocado, coconut, tallow), pre-heat and prepare for frying your cube steak (you do not need a lot of oil, just enough so that the breaded steaks can fry).
- Season your cube steak with salt and pepper on both sides.Using a shallow bowl, combine the heavy cream and eggs, Whisk with a fork.In a food processor, or by hand crush porks rinds to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine the pork rinds, and parmesan cheese, onion powder, poultry seasoning and pinch of cane pepper, to make your bread crumbs.Pour crushed and seasoned bread crumbs on to a large plate.Dip you cube steak (both sides) into the egg mixture and then coat both sides with your bread crumbs using a large plate.
- Place each of the breaded cube steak pieces into your skillet and fry until crispy and golden brown, 3 - 5 minutes per side.
HANDY KITCHEN ITEMS
Interactive keto plans optimized for quicker and better weight loss results. Designed and tested to give results in just 28 days.
- 200+ delicious low-carb recipes for every taste
- Weekly shopping lists to stay on track
- Expert guidance that make your goals a reality
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.