Homemade crunchy granola bars
Here at CJ’s keto kitchen, we have sampled and enjoyed various keto style granola bars.
So I wanted to try and create a recipe using some of the ingredients I had on hand that needed to be used up.
These homemade Granola Bars are the perfect mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. They are also great for a quick breakfast on the go, or to pack in school or work lunches! All the ingredients are super clean so you know these are going to taste great! And there’s room for jazzing these up on your own… here’s the deal!
- Almonds – gotta get those healthy fats. You could also sub another one of your favorite nuts if you prefer.
- Pecans- I used my butter roasted. The sweet salty combo is ideal.
- Pumpkin seeds(pepitas)-these are rapidly becoming my favorite nut. I use them on my salads too.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes- provide excellent texture, even non-coconut fans should find yummy
- Collagen– this helps everything stick together! It’s an optional ingredient, but so good for you!
- Butter – I use an salted butter because I love the depth of flavor it provides. If you want something other than butter, coconut oil is a great substitute
- Brown Sugar substitute – more flavorful that white substitute for making the caramel “glue”.
- Powdered natural sweetener- incorporates easier than granular.
- Vanilla – you could also use another extract if you prefer. Or leave it out if you don’t have any on hand
Now that we’ve got the ingredients out of the way – let’s talk about the process! These are pretty straight forward however there are some key tips to making these extra delish and reminiscent of those store bought bars we all grew up with
Use fresh, toasted or roasted nuts and seeds. I find roasted nuts so much more flavorful.
Don’t skimp on the chill time. You know how I always insist we chill casseroles before slicing and serving… same thing goes for granola bars. This step (while tedious) just helps everything firm up and cutting will be cleaner and easier. Once they are chilled and sliced, you can let them come to room temperature before serving so they are crunchy and stay together.
CJ’S FOLLOW-UP TASTE TEST:
This week has been a challenge for us personally. But you do what needs to be done, and keep moving forward. This recipe was great! and later we discovered that this made an excellent Keto Granola cereal. The final batch seemed a bit softer than the test batch and it was a natural for keto granola cereal, give it a try! I love, love, love these and hopefully we can keep these around the house.
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Keto Granola Bars
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment so it hangs over the edges.
- Grind the coconut and nuts in a food processor or blender to a desired mixture of coarse crumbs. Add in collagen and cinnamon if desired. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sweetener, whisking until smooth and dissolved, being careful not to scorch it. Off the heat add vanilla, and powdered sweetener.
- Add sauce to nut mixture. Press the mixture evenly into baking dish. Press firmly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool thoroughly. Remove from dish using parchment paper. Cut evenly into bars.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.