This easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is made with eggs, yummy breakfast meats and cheese and only takes a few minutes to throw together.
You can make it ahead of time, so it’s the perfect breakfast casserole for Christmas morning or any day.
Each slice of this easy egg breakfast casserole is thick, flavorful, and satisfying; plus, the recipe is an incredibly convenient breakfast choice since it’s make-ahead and infinitely adaptable.
Like quiche, you can use your favorite seasonings and cheeses, vegetables like peppers and mushrooms, meats like sausage or bacon, or you can make it vegetarian.
The best part is that you assemble this dish ahead of time so breakfast is a breeze in the morning.
• Adaptable to whatever vegetables, meats, cheeses, and herbs you have on hand.
• Easy to make ahead of time.
• Quick to throw together.
• Great as a quick weekday meal or a lavish weekend or holiday brunch.
• Excellent for entertaining a crowd.
• Made with some low carb bread to soak up moisture, but works without too!
• Ready for your favorite egg toppings like salsa, pico de gallo, green onion, cilantro, parsley, avocado, everything bagel seasoning, hot sauce, etc
Success Tip: Refrigerate Overnight
At this point, you can either bake it right away or refrigerate the casserole overnight and for up to 24 hours.
During this time, the flavors mingle together and the bread has a chance to soak up some of the liquid and flavor.
Wake up and all you have to do is slide it into the oven.
If you’re in a rush, I do recommend at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before baking, if you can spare it!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another extremely popular and easy to make recipe:
We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our to Keto Family.
Christmas Morning Casserole
- 8 oz chopped cooked ham
- 8 oz breakfast sausage cooked; chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 slices low carb bread toasted; cubed
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp herbal seasoning
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook meats and veggies. Set aside. Toast bread and cube it. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix eggs, half and half and seasonings. whisk to combine. Add meats and veggies. Stir to coat well. Add cheese. Combine mixture evenly.
- Pour the ingredients into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with foil. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover casserole and bake for additional 30 minutes until set and golden.
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.