Soft and chewy on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside — these are the perfect coconut macaroons.
They’re delicious plain but even more irresistible drizzled with chocolate.
They also keep well for days, making them the perfect treat to bake ahead or give away during the holidays!
Keto coconut Macaroons are a chewy, delicious, and easy to make cookie recipe with just three simple ingredients and NO condensed milk!
Most macaroon recipes call for condensed milk….thick, viscous and full of sugar! Hardly ketogenic.
Rather, this recipe includes:
- Egg whites. Egg whites are the key to binding the coconut into sweet, chewy, can’t-eat-just-one morsels of deliciousness. I just save the egg yolks for breakfast! You could definitely use liquid egg whites for ease.
- Confectioner’s natural sweetener. These cookies aren’t overly sweet, as an entire batch only calls for 1/3 cup of natural sweetener.
- Pure vanilla extract. This ends up being a predominant flavor in such a simple recipe, so make sure it’s a brand you enjoy!
- Unsweetened flaked coconut. The primary ingredient in this recipe by far! I often use unsweetened coconut flakes in other recipes, but I do think a finer shredded coconut is necessary in this one since it helps hold better in these cookies.
- Melted chocolate. It’s totally optional. HOWEVER, should you want to take these already-delectable cookies to the next level, might I recommend dipping or drizzling them in melted chocolate? Soooo scrumptious! Very reminiscent of a mounds style candy bar.
CJ’S TEST FOLLOW UP:
These macaroons were delicious and I’m not really a coconut fan. However, I really enjoyed the chocolate dip/drizzled versions. One of our daughters ate the rest of them by herself, Sarah was lucky to get any. Enjoy!
CJSKETOKITCHEN RECIPE SPOTLIGHT
In this section we try and highlight other recipes that might interest you. This week we decided to highlight another very popular and easy to make recipe:
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog, if you haven’t already. We plan on releasing keto content that will be exclusive for blog subscribers. Also feel free to share this recipe with family and friends! If you haven’t already consider subscribing over on YouTube, we’d love to have you as part of our Keto Family.
Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whip egg whites with a hand mixer until they have stiff peaks. About 5 minutes. Add in extract and beat again briefly.
- In a separate bowl add sweetener to coconut and toss to coat.
- Carefully fold coconut into egg white mixture stirring gently until thoroughly coated.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop small portions shaping into balls as you go, and place on baking tray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired(optional)
VISIT OUR AMAZON STORE FOR SOME OF OUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS.
From time to time we will recommend products and services that we have used, and have found to be very good products or services. We may get a small percentage of a purchase you make, through one of the affiliate links that we included. Any payment we receive is paid to us by the company (not you). These small payments help us to continue to produce keto recipes and other content as we seek to spread the message about the Keto Diet and the health benefits of the keto lifestyle. Thank you for your support, it is appreciated.
CjsKetoKitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com.